Blender Journey i

>> Thursday, March 3, 2011

Blender is one of the best examples of open source software, and also one of the best 3D tools out there, with it's fame of beeing hard to use, I decided to use that excelent piece of software to learn to create 3D models.
The reason is mostly because is free, it's lightweight, it has lots of free documentation and good support and its used by professionals.

As an indie game developer I've done some nice games, I finished a few and started a lot, I have experience with 2D but I really want to try with 3D, and knowing how to use a 3D program and knowing 3D jargon will make my life way easier, plus I like to make my own resources for my games :)
The idea is using blender to make models, then I'll use Unity to create games.

I'll be reporting on my Blender journey here, I'll be using this free book, right now I read the first few chapters, until the simple man with a hat, which I made and looked funny, but similar to the one in the book :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP